Postdoctoral Fellowship in Private Practice - Dallas, TX (Posted 9/8/2017)
This two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Private Practice is intended to provide the postdoctoral fellow with a coordinated opportunity for direct clinical service (intake assessment, treatment planning, intervention), regular professional supervision, and ongoing professional development activities (both designated and self-directed). The postdoctoral fellow will receive clinical opportunities and supervision enabling him/her to gain expertise in practicing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with children and adolescents with Anxiety Disorders. Additionally, the postdoctoral fellow will receive comprehensive instruction/supervision in individual therapy for mood and behavioral disorders, and in Parent Consultation for concerns related to various emotional and behavioral difficulties.
The accepted applicant will become a salaried employee of Therapy Dallas. Compensation will be discussed at the time of interview, and will be commensurate with national, competitive postdoctoral fellowships.
August/September 2018 (exact date to be negotiated).
Therapy Dallas (www.therapydallas.com) is a group practice offering coordinated and comprehensive psychological services for children, adolescents, and adults in the Dallas area. The postdoctoral fellow will work under the primary supervision of Kristen M. Ohlenforst, PhD and alongside licensed clinicians providing individual psychotherapy, parent consultation, and play therapy.
Materials for Submission:
Please remit all below materials by December 15, 2017 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Official Transcript from Graduate Program
• 2 Letters of Recommendation from clinicians well-acquainted with your graduate training, clinical work, and professional interests
Upon review of the above-listed application materials, Dr. Ohlenforst may invite you to schedule one or more formal interview(s). In the event you receive an interview, our office will contact you to discuss scheduling options.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this Postdoctoral Fellowship position! Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions you might have about this position and/or the application process, as we are happy to provide additional information. You may reach our office manager, Laura Guerra, via e-mail at email@example.com, or via phone at 214-755-6119.
Internship, Post-doctoral residents, or Provisionally licensed psychologist (posted 4/11/17)
Lakewood Wellness Partners is accepting applications for internship, post-doctoral residents, or provisionally licensed psychologist who are seeking a licensed psychologist position and who want to work in private practice and live in Dallas, long-term. For more information please visit www.lakewoodwellnesspartners.com or contact Dr. Katherine Pang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychologist for the Adolescent Suicide Prevention Program, Children's Health, Dallas
Children's Health Dallas: Full Time Psychologist Position in Suicide Prevention Program
Staff Psychologist at Menninger Clinic (posted 1/22/2017)
Deadline extended for two positions: Postdoctoral Fellowship at Children's Health/Children's Medical Center, Dallas, TX (posted 1/12/17)
**UPDATE 1/8/17: Application deadline extended for the suicide/depression and eating disorders positions - please see below and the attached ad. Please direct questions or requests for more information to email@example.com.
Psychologist position, Austin Psychology & Assessment Center, Austin, TX (posted 1/5/2017)
Full-Time Clinical Position, Austin Anxiety and Behavioral Health Services, Austin (posted 12/27/16)Austin Anxiety and Behavioral Health Services (AABHS) is seeking a full-time licensed psychologist or licensed clinical social worker with experience treating anxiety and mood disorders. Post-doctoral fellow candidates are also encouraged to apply. AABHS is a thriving practice with two locations in the Austin, TX area. AABHS provides individual and group therapy to children, adolescents, and adults. Primary areas of specialty include: obsessive compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, selective mutism, phobias, panic disorder, and PTSD. AABHS offers competitive compensation, flexible schedule, specialized training opportunities, weekly case conferences, and a supportive work environment.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate commitment to evidence based practices, strong cognitive behavioral therapy skills, experience working with children, adolescents and families, and ability to maintain collaborative professional relationships.
Interested applicants can learn more about our practice by visiting http://austinanxiety.com. To apply, please send letter of interest and CV to Dr. Misti Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Psychologist Position, Center for Pediatric Eating Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, Children's Medical Center Dallas, Plano (posted 12/21/16)
Pediatric Psychologist Position in Weight Management, Children's Health/Children's Medical Center, Dallas (posted 12/2/16)
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program
- Postdoctoral fellowship training in clinical child or pediatric health psychology
- Internship training from an APA-accredited program in clinical child or pediatric health psychology
- A passing score on the EPPP at the level required for licensure by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- Licensure as a Psychologist or as a Provisionally Licensed Psychologist in Texas by date of hire
- Previous experience with children and adolescents who are overweight or obese
- Previous clinical experience with Consult-Liaison work and various pediatric chronic illness populations is preferred
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Intensive Care Psychology, Texas Child Study Center, Austin (posted 11/27/16, deadline 1/1/17)
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Psychology, Texas Child Study Center, Austin (posted 11/27/16, deadline 1/1/17)
A fully completed application set includes:
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric/Clinical Child Psychology, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics (Psychology Section) & Texas Children’s Hospital (Psychology Service), Houston (posted 11/18/16, deadline 1/3/17)
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department School of Family & Consumer Sciences, Texas State University, San Marcos (posted 10/30/16, start date 6/1/17)
Postdoctoral Fellowship, UT Southwestern Center for Depression Research and Clinical Care (CDRCC)/Risk and Resilience Network, Dallas (posted 10/15/16)
Faculty Position, University of Texas Health Science Center, Tyler (posted 10/15/16, start-date 7/2017)
Learning Collaborative Program Manager, Trauma and Grief Center for Youth, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston (posted 10/8/16)
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Child Psychology, 2017-2018 Academic Year, Center for Pediatric Psychiatry, Children's Health/Children's Medical Center, Dallas (posted 9/11/16, deadline 1/3/17)
The Center for Pediatric Psychiatry at Children’s HealthSM Children’s Medical Center in Dallas, Texas invites applicants for its APA-accredited Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Child Psychology beginning late August 2017. Applications are due January 3, 2017.
- This position provides a balance between intervention and assessment within an outpatient psychiatry clinic. Two major rotations in assessment include the multidisciplinary assessment of preschool-aged children, as well as Therapeutic Assessment, which is a collaborative assessment model aimed at helping families develop a new understanding of their child. Psychological evaluation techniques may include cognitive/neuropsychological measures, structured observation, projective and relationship-based assessment. Intervention opportunities include individual, family, and group therapy using evidence-based treatment modalities, as well as intervention and consultation experience through the Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) medical clinic.
- The postdoc in the suicide/depression position will focus on evaluation and treatment of suicidality and depression in adolescents. Experience will span the full spectrum of psychiatric care including inpatient, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels.
- Evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, atypical anorexia, and avoidant/restrictive food intake
- Individual, family, and group therapy; psychological assessment; behavioral programs & parent education within a multidisciplinary treatment approach.
- Experiences span the full continuum of care (Inpatient, Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient, Outpatient).
- The postdoc in this position will work primarily at the campus in Plano, TX.
- Assessment, intervention, and consultation/liaison services for children and adolescents with chronic or acute medical conditions and their families.
- All fellows obtain consultation-liaison experience throughout fellowship year.
- Fellows work with supervisors to identify additional elective rotations that fit with their training goals. Options for rotations include Cardiology, Craniofacial/Plastics, Cochlear Implant, Cystic Fibrosis, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Infant Mental Health, Pain Management, Sickle Cell, Sleep Medicine, and Solid Organ Transplant. Opportunities may also be available for clinical experience with at-risk populations within Child Maltreatment, HIV, and Transgender clinics.
- Multidisciplinary assessment, intervention, consultation, and psychoeducation services for children ages birth to 19 years in Foster Care and their foster/kinship families with a specialized focus in trauma treatment. Research opportunities available.
- Clinical care will be based out of Plano and Dallas clinics; however, some travel may be required to our Southlake location.
a. Concentration area and position of interest (each applicant may apply for only one concentration or position)
b. Statement of interest and fit with the position
c. Accreditation status of graduate and internship programs
d. Anticipated date of degree conferral
e. Names of recommenders who will be sending letters
Curriculum vitae (CV)
Three letters of recommendation
Two de-identified work samples
Degree conferral attestation form, signed by applicant and advisor (available on APPA portal)
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY AND NEUROSCIENCE, BAYLOR UNIVERSITY, Waco (posted 9/8/16, deadline 10/15/16)
The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at Baylor University invites applications for a tenure track position at the assistant or associate professor level effective fall 2017. We are searching for a colleague with research expertise in Clinical Psychology, particularly child or adolescent clinical psychology. Successful applicants must have a doctoral degree in psychology or related field, be licensed or license-eligible in the state of Texas, be able to provide clinical supervision and mentorship to doctoral students in our nationally-recognized APA-accredited Psy.D. program and Ph.D. program, and have primary research interests and the potential to secure external funding in any of the following areas: child clinical psychology, adolescent psychology, family psychology, developmental psychology, translational research and/or prevention, and assessment, treatment, or prevention of addiction or disease. A commitment to excellence in teaching is essential.
The Department is housed in a state-of-the-art science facility and offers doctoral degrees in Psychology (containing concentrations in Social Psychology, Behavioral Neuroscience, and General Experimental) and Clinical Psychology. Review of completed applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, your application must be completed by October 15, 2016. More detailed information about the department can be found at www.baylor.edu/psychologyneuroscience.
To apply send letter of application, vita, official transcript showing highest degree conferred (if ABD, also submit official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours), reprints, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Gary Elkins, Clinical Psychology Search Committee Chair, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, One Bear Place 97334, Waco, Texas 76798. Email inquiries to Gary_elkins@baylor.edu
Materials may be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 15,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting new faculty with a strong commitment to the classroom and an equally strong commitment to discovering new knowledge as we pursue our bold vision, Pro Futuris. (www.baylor.edu/profuturis/).
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Assistant Professor of Learning Sciences, Department of Educational Psychology, Texas A&M University (posted 9/7/16, start-date 9/1/17)
Assistant/Associate Professor of School Psychology, Texas A&M University, College of Education and Human Development/Department of Educational Psychology (posted 8/27/16)
Post Doctoral Research Fellowship Position, Sleep and Anxiety Center of Houston (SACH), University of Houston (posted 6/2/16)
Post-doctoral Fellowship in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Santa Maria Hostel, Houston (posted 5/29/16)
Full-Time Pediatric Psychologist, Transgender Youth, Children's Health/Children's Medical Center, Dallas (posted 5/25/16)
Two Open Positions - Children's Health/Children's Medical Center, Dallas (posted 4/16/16)
Pediatric Clinical Psychologist, General Psychiatry Inpatient Program, Children's Medical Center of Dallas (posted 3/22/16)
Full-time Child and Adolescent Psychologist, Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine, Sugarland (posted 3/10/16)
Pediatric Psychologist, Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine, Woodlands (posted 3/10/16)
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Autism Psychology & Assessment Center, Austin (posted 1/26/16)
Postdoctoral Fellowship/Residency Position, Private Practice, Sparrow House Counseling, Dallas (posted 1/19/16)
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy work primarily with children and adolescents with diagnoses such as (but not limited to) anxiety, depression, OCD, and ADHD
- Developing staff refresher training on evidence-based practices with the child/adolescent population
- Opportunities to speak in the Dallas community regarding mental health disorders
- Assist with program development of new services (parenting groups, social skills groups, mindfulness, etc)
- Work collaboratively with other professionals in the community (psychiatrists, pediatricians, etc)
- APA accredited school or clinical psychology program
- APA or APPIC accredited pre-doctoral internship with emphasis in school or child clinical work
- Interest in collaborating with other professionals in a private practice setting